16 years helping people just like you overcome the obstacles within.
I understand that you are in pain. A pain that you have carried with you for a while. The fact that you are reading this tells me that you had enough and that you want things to change. I want you to know that you can change your pain and struggles. You can reclaim your life.
Imagine opening your eyes to a new day, feeling light and confident that you can handle whatever today brings. I believe that’s possible for you.
My aim is to help people to reduce the impact of anxiety in their lives and to learn the tools to feel more in control of their choices.There is often a link between the anxiety we experience and difficult experiences we have had in the past, including our childhood. A lot of the time, changing our behaviour is key and helps to reduce our anxiety. However, working with difficult memories can help us move on if we feel stuck despite changing our behaviour. In fact, a balance between breaking unhelpful patterns of behaviour, learning new tools and trauma focused therapy (when appropriate) maximises the chances for you to be that better version of yourself.
I also specialise in working with adults with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Condition or self-diagnosed. If you are autistic, the above is also relevant to you. But I will also introduce the required adaptions to meet your sensory processing preferences as well as your communication and thinking style and preferences.
Get in touch if you would like to reduce the impact that anxiety has on your life, leave behind the influence of difficult events in your life and feel more connected to other people.
I am a Clinical Psychologist and Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist (registered with HCPC, BPS). I have over 16 years of experience working in mental health, including the NHS in senior Clinical Psychology positions.
I am accredited as a CBT Psychotherapist by the British Association of Behavioural Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), an association that promotes high standards of training, knowledge and application of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies CBT).
I am also accredited as an EMDR Practitioner by EMDR Europe.
• PG Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, University of Oxford
• Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University of Essex
• PG Diploma in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, King’s College London
• Specialist Training in Clinical Psychology, Reina Sofia University Hospital (Spain)
• MSc in Speech and Language Therapy, UNED (Spain)
• Bachelor Degree in Psychology, University of Malaga (Spain)
• Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) for adults, children and attachment focused EMDR
• Narrative Therapy Level 1 & 2
• Functional Family Therapy
• Narrative Exposure Therapy (NET) and NET for Children (KIDNET)
• Child Accelerated Trauma Treatment (CATT) Level 2 & 3
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
In my spare time, I collaborate with Action for Child Trauma International, which has the aim of helping children who have experienced trauma to move forward with their lives. As part of my role with the charity, I have trained in the use of CATT (Child Accelerated Trauma Treatment), a therapeutic protocol aimed at improving children’s quality of life, and reducing symptoms of trauma using a cognitive-behavioural technique. For more details on what they do, please check their website: https://actinternational.org.uk/